- Implementation, management and maintenance of a software platform for centralized monitoring and remote access to the resources of surveillance systems of prisons, prison dormitories and penalty services, which includes the ability for real-time video and audio monitoring and review of video and audio recording from backup devices /DVR, NVR, database servers, etc./
- Establishment of a modern monitoring center for surveillance and monitoring of local video security systems within the structure of the Execution of Punishments General Directorate
- Completion and upgrading of the local video systems of the territorial services and their inclusion in the integrated surveillance system with all its resources and potential. The currently used software platform iVMS-4200 for management, enforcement, and monitoring, together with its video recorders, cameras, keypads for management and enforcement, and remote access computer configurations will be integrated into the new unified video security platform
- The project execution covers installations in 57 sites of the Execution of Punishments General Directorate:
- 1252 new video cameras 5MP
- 74 thermal PTZ cameras
- 79 DVR
- 89 new video monitors for visualization of DVR signals
- 120 computer stations for remote local control
- Completion and renovation of up to 100,000 meters of cable installations and routes including power supply units and redundant power supply – UPS
- Construction of a monitoring center with video wall, servers for management and monitoring and modern system
- Integration of a unified software platform for management and execution of monitoring. All existing devices /video recorders; cameras; computer stations etc/ are compatible and can work properly with the platform.
- Utilization of modern technologies to manage and maintain a software platform for centralized monitoring and remote access to video security system resources that includes the ability for real-time video and audio monitoring and review of video and audio recording from backup devices/DVRs, NVRs, database servers, etc.
- To have a minimum of two positions within the structure of the Execution of Punishments General Directorate who will be responsible for the monitoring of local video security systems.
- After the completion and modernization of the local video systems of the territorial services, they can be included in the integrated video security system with all their resources and potential. The currently used iVMS-4200 management and monitoring software platform with its included video recorders, video cameras, control keyboards, and remote access computer configurations should be integrated into the new video security platform.
The General Directorate Execution of Penalties (GDEP) is a specialized administrative structure, a legal entity with the Minister of Justice, based in Sofia. The Directorate directs and controls the activity of the detention facilities and the probation services.
The General Directorate Execution of Penalties (GDEP) ensures the management of a unified system of execution of sentences. The penitentiary system protects society from offenders by isolating and correcting them. It is of utmost importance that the technology used in controlling the sites of GDEP and monitoring the system be modern and as capable as possible. That ensures the correct operation of the Directorate and its sites, with minimized risks to the public
- Full control over the resources of the system. It is possible to define a minimum of 1000 user accounts with different access levels. The system provides a high level of protection of the information and complies with all regulatory requirements for personal data protection. The communication equipment has the necessary levels and certificates to guarantee the highest security of information.
- The system allows the use of analytical functionalities and redefined responses, such as vehicle and object license plate recognition, face recognition, zone and perimeter security, motion and noise detection, people counting. It is possible to add others as the need arises, as well as visualization and processing of alarm signals from other devices connected to the system.
- The system shall have disk space to perform and store the digital recording for a minimum of 30 days at full system load with automatic recording on the oldest record.
- The system has an external backup power supply (UPS) module, providing autonomous operation of the system for a minimum of 30 minutes in case of a power failure and protection against power surges.