The maintaining and development of a system for monitoring of radio frequency spectrum for citizens’ needs as well as the provision of high-quality telecommunication services, is one of the main activities executed by Communications Regulation Commission. To cope with the challenges of new digital technologies and penetration of 5G, the monitoring system of the Commissions should be modern and in compliance with EU regulations.
The main activities covered within the project can be divided in the following categories:
- Supply, configuration, and testing of the specialized measuring equipment (mobile station; compact stations for radio frequency monitoring; combined mobile station; antenna controllers which have to be integrated into two mobile stations that are already used)
- Installation and commissioning of the specialized measuring equipment
- Execution of special training dedicated to the functionalities of the specialized measuring equipment
*All measuring systems cover both specialized measuring equipment (hardware) and special software for radio frequency monitoring and analysis of data from the executed measurements.
- To increase the effectiveness of the control executed by the Communications Regulation Commission of the civil spectrum in the Republic of Bulgaria
- To increase the capacity of the Communications Regulation Commission regarding the National Rural Network for radio frequency monitoring and measurements following the requirements of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
- To allow the execution of specialized measurements in mode “drive test” to detect and locate radio interference and illegal emitters, especially in urban environments
BENEFITS OF THE PROJECT
- Increasing the effectiveness of executed control to follow the Electronic Communications Act and its by-laws.
- Improve the quality and accuracy of measurements taking into consideration the evolution of electronic communications technology
- Expansion of the functional and technological capabilities of the existing control system following the development of modern technologies
- Timely deployment of 5G networks is a key element for achieving growth of the Bulgarian economy through digitalization of industry and society. The digitalization of the economy and public life implies millions of connected devices that generate more traffic and need more frequency resources.